Wednesday 4 May 2011

Chiếc bánh mì trắng đầu tiên

When I said to Stephan that I did it, his reaction seemed even happier than me or anyone else. He gave me a big compliment after tasting it. It is my very first white bread.

Few days ago, I suddently had a thought: '' I gotta make a bread, a real home-made loaf of bread''. After surfing around, I decided to go for a very basic and easy recipe of white bread instructed by an American dude on youtube. The result was a disaster. My bread did not rise. It was undercooked from inside. Its outside looks very atractive but the whole loaf was harder than rock.

I gave myself another shot. I did more research to understand how bread works. I watched more videos to see the way people knead their breads. I knew it was not easy to make it right. I tried not to make the common mistakes. However, once again, it disappointed me badly with the same old errors. Eventhough I was really upset, I talked to me myself ''never give up, bee''

While trying to recall my bad memory to see if I've done something incorrect. I spoke to Simon, a real passionate food lover. He likes baking as well. He explained a little bit about flour, water, yeast and the process of making bread. Then I found www.thefreshloaf.com which provides me real knowledges and understandings about ingredients. I was definitely ready for another loaf.

And it was successful.



After I saw this little baby came out from the oven, I declared: ''I will always keep trying cos success comes from the failures.''



The ingredients I use for this loaf are:

3 cups flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons yeast
1 1/8 cup water

To understand and know more how to make bread, take your time to read some useful lesson on this website http://www.thefreshloaf.com/lessons/yourfirstloaf

Goodluck and happy baking!

2 comments:

  1. hihi cảm ơn em, siêng làm nên tiến bộ hơn một chút thôi ^^

    ReplyDelete