The cookies recipe I make today credited to Donna Hay. Feel free to check her website here at http://www.donnahay.com.au
- 65g cold butter, chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar
- ½ cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2½ teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1¼ egg yolk
- melted white chocolate, to decorate
- chocolate filling
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) pouring (single) cream
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (355ºF). Process butter, icing sugar, flour, cornflour, cocoa and egg yolk in a food processor until a soft dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Roll dough between non-stick baking paper to 3mm thick. Using an oval-shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes from the pastry and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until the bases are lightly cooked. Cool on trays.
3. To make the chocolate filling, place the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and glossy. Refrigerate until cool. Spread half the biscuits with the filling, then sandwich with the remaining biscuits.
4. To decorate biscuits, drizzle with melted white chocolate.